Student Assignment Plan Community Meetings
Community Meetings Schedule
The following meetings are scheduled to share information about the recommended changes. Interpretation services will be available. All events are from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
- Nov. 21, 2016: Chief Sealth Intl High School Library
- Nov. 28, 2016: Franklin High School Library
- Nov. 30, 2016: Nathan Hale High School Library
- Dec. 1, 2016: Ingraham High School Lunchroom
- Dec. 5, 2016: John Stanford Center Auditorium
Student Assignment Plan Update Proposals
Several updates to the Student Assignment Plan are being proposed for School Board consideration. The plan for 2017-18 continues most of the assignment rules in effect during 2016-17, but some highlights and changes are:
Opening Cedar Park Elementary, Meany Middle, and Robert Eagle Staff Middle (attendance area) schools;
Truncating grades at Madrona - this school would become a K-5 instead of a K-8;
Establishing a GeoZone for Licton Springs K-8;
Modifying Highly Capable Cohort pathways;
Adding Chief Sealth as the southeast dual language immersion pathway high school;
Removing conflicting assignment guarantees for new to the district 6th-8th grade students;
Moving the date when waitlists are dissolved from August 15 to August 31; and
Updating school and program names and locations.
Note: The School Board is currently scheduled to vote on the 2017-18 Growth Boundaries on Nov. 16, 2016. This may require additional updates to the Student Assignment Plan.
Anticipated School Board Timeline
- Nov. 17, 2016: Proposal Presented to School Board Operations Committee
- Dec. 7, 2016: Proposal Presented to School Board for Introduction
- Jan. 4, 2017: Proposal Presented to School Board for Action
Additional information is available on our Student Assignment Plan webpage.