Advanced Learning Parent Referrals Due by October 6
All k-8 applications are due by October 6, 2016 to determine eligibility for school year 2017-18.
K-8 eligibility testing for the 2017-18 school year begins in October. Applications for students in grades 9-12 will be available in January.
How to Submit a Parent Referral
If you are intending to refer your child for Advanced Learning testing, the deadline is October 6. It’s easy and can even be done on your Smart Phone's web browser on your parent or guardian Source account.
This year’s referral form for students in grades kindergarten through 8th is available online via The Source starting September 7, 2016. Once you login to your parent or guardian source account, click on the "Advanced Learning Parent Referral” button to start the referral process.
Read more about how to submit a referral on the Advanced Learning referral webpage.
If you need technical tips for The Source, we have some on our Source Technical Tips webpage.
Need help? We’re here! firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
If most of the following characteristics apply, you may want to consider referring your child for Advanced Learning opportunities.
- Has an advanced vocabulary for his/her age
- Seems to continuously talk and ask questions
- Is imaginative; has lots of ideas
- Can come up with many interesting solutions to problems
- Understands information quickly; remembers what has been learned
- Wants to work on more difficult things; may not finish regular assignments because wants to spend time doing projects he/she thinks are more interesting
- Is very interested in certain topics/projects and wants to work on them all the time
- Does not want or need a lot of direction for completing a task; likes to figure it out on his/her own
- Is sensitive to the feelings of others and is concerned with fairness
- May be a perfectionist and/or become frustrated with mistakes
- May prefer to interact with students who are older and/or adults
- Is very interested in math, works above grade level in math and/or shows an
interest in numbers at an early age
Read more about Advanced Learning Services and Programs.