Seattle Public Schools Strategic Plan 2013-18
Every Student. Every Classroom. Every Day
Mission: Seattle Public Schools is committed to ensuring equitable access, closing the opportunity gapsand excellence in education for every student.
Vision: Every Seattle Public Schools' student receives a high-quality, 21st century education andgraduates prepared for college, career and life.
Core Beliefs: We believe that the district-wide commitment to these core beliefs is vital at all levels ofthe organization and will enable students to succeed and become responsible citizens.
Our Students Come First
- We believe it is essential to place the interests of students above all others in every decision we make.
- We believe that the core work of the district is supporting student learning.
- We believe it is our responsibility to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child, regardless of race, gender, socioeconomic status, language proficiency, learning style or disability, achieves to their highest level.
High-Quality Teaching and Learning are the Keys to Student Success
- We believe high-quality instruction is key to our students’ success and is built on a rigorous and relevant curriculum that is aligned to standards, measurable outcomes, positive relationships, appropriate professional development and equitable access to educational opportunities.
- We believe in high expectations for all students and staff built on a culture that respects individual differences and includes fair treatment, honesty, openness and integrity.
A Safe and Orderly Learning Environment Supports Student Success
- We believe schools are the heart of our communities and are committed to providing healthy and safe school environments.
A High Performing District includes Effective Leadership, Accountability, Effective OrganizationalSystems and an Engaged Community
- We believe in demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement through collaboration and integrated decision making.
- We believe effective leadership is vital at all levels of the organization and will create student success.
- We believe it is our public duty to properly steward district resources through ethical behavior, compliance to the law, transparency of processes and sound fiscal controls.
- We believe in a district, including the central office and support staff, which is dedicated to providing high-quality service in support of teaching and learning.
- We believe community partnerships and family engagement are fundamental to achieving and sustaining student success.